I also write my name as Honar Ali
Huner Emîn (Honar Ali) M.F.A
Huneremin@gmail.com / www.huneremin.com (570-604-5240)
Biography: Born in Duhok (Southern Kurdistan) North Iraq. Lives and Works in Bloomington, Indiana , The United States.
Artist Statement: Working generally on installations, video art, Performance and paintings. My art works are based on Political issues.
2017 Master of Fine Art (MFA), Marywood University, Scranton, PA\
- Coursework included painting, drawing, printmaking, and seminars. Theoretical courses were modern and contemporary art history, aesthetics, critique, and environmental art.
- Supervised by Steven Alexander, Robert Schweitzer, Dr. Linda Dugan Partridge, and Pamela Parsons on videos, installations, and conceptual and performance art pieces.
- Practical classes included painting, sculpture, ceramics, and mosaics.
- Theoretical classes in art history, aesthetics, critique, and Kurdology.
2017 Blood Washing, Maslow Study Gallery for Contemporary Art, Marywood University, Scranton, PA
2017 Duality MFA Thesis Exhibition, Mahady Gallery, Marywood University, Scranton, PA
2016 180.000 Seconds, Kresge Gallery, Marywood University, Scranton, PA
2011 Solo Exhibition, Huner Emin, Shewakary Hall of Gallery Duhok, Duhok Iraq
2022 Awakening, John Waldron Arts Center, Bloomington, IN
2020 Boomerang Papers, Salerno, Italy
- Recycled paper made of lint mailed across the world for participants to make their art and send the papers back to Salerno by mail. The project idea and manager Arianna Apicella.
2017 Women Empowerment, House of the Creatives, Gallery MC, NY
- Founded by HOTC, participation with Blood Washing exhibition.
2013 Newroz, Art Made of Fire, Zakho, Iraq
- Working alongside artists from Turkey, Iraq, and Netherlands.
- A traveling exhibit showed violence awareness through art exhibited in KRG area.
- Arranged two artworks under the name (I am the Free One) (Bridge of Genvat).
2011 Group Show, Merg Gallery, Sulaymaniyah, Iraq
2010 Valentine, College of Fine Art, Erbil, Iraq
2010 Duhok’s Artists Exhibition, Media Gallery, Erbil, Iraq
2023 Boynes Emerging Artist Award, January, Melbourne, Australia
2022 Bloomington Art Commission, Emerging Artist Award
2021 DC Commission of Arts and Humanity Fellowship Award
2013 HCDP Scholarship Program, MHE-KRG
- Awarded Human Capacity Development Program from Kurdistan Regional Government for being one of the best students in Plastic Art – Painting.
- Awarded Creational Grands for artwork (Geruk) from Kurdistan Regional Government.
Duhok Gallery, Duhok, Iraq
Fluent in Kurdish (Kurmanci and Surani), Arabic, and English
NYC Phoenix Art Gellery, “August 2022 Artist interview, Huner Emin” August 1, 2022.
Nuveen Barwari, “Transplanted ft. Huner Emin,” Newave, November 26, 2020. 1:32
Emin, Huner. “Hev Peyvin di Gel Huner Emin.” Lukman Ehmed. 7 Reng,Voice of America, March 14, 2019.
Capoccia, Paul. “Sudent Spotlight: Huner Ali,” The Wood Word, April 27, 2017, 47.
Wahbi Rassul, “Artistic Skills at Peak,” Taw Magazine, March 15, 2015.
- Article in Kurdish language.
- Wrote this article about Geruk an artwork during Arab Springing.
- Written in Kurdish.